Bare Metal Servers do away with hypervisors and virtualization: The computing resources are only equipped with a host operating system, offering users the maximum scope to design their own systems. They can freely design customized flavors using virtualization technologies. Bare Metal Servers can also be used without virtualization: Because they do not come with a hypervisor, they offer more consistent performance than virtual machines, making them an ideal solution for big data analyses. Furthermore, Bare Metal Servers offer better license conditions for the software used. A bare metal server (physical.i7n.28xlarge.4) also serves as the foundation for our Confidential Computing offering.
The allocated resources run in a GDPR-compliant environment and fulfil all European requirements to run secure workloads with the scalable options of a cloud. Non-European authorities have no access.
BMS enables the use of dedicated computing resources without hypervisor overhead. This customized hardware offers an increased level of security and performance while avoiding the “noisy neighbour” effect (negative influences on the performance of the allocated resources caused by other users).
Bare Metal Service provides high integration with other services to provide computing, storage, and network resources. Linked services include Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Image Management Service (IMS), Elastic Volume Service (EVS), Scalable File Service (SFS), Volume Backup Service (VBS), Cloud Eye (CES), and many more services to meet business needs in a cloud.
The BMS service enables the isolation of physical resources and cannot be influenced by other tenants.
Some BMS support InfiniBand at up to 100 Gbit/s between BMS and provide low latency connectivity to meet high-speed interconnection requirements.
The High-Performance computing BMS type provides a large number of CPU cores, a large memory size, and high throughput. These BMSs use Intel Skylake V5 CPUs, InfiniBand NICs and can be quickly provisioned.
- High-performance computing with EVS disks and lower network latency.
- HPC cluster environment with High-Speed-Connectivity between data nodes.
Sockets x Cores per Socket
2 x 18
Intel® Skylake® 6151 V5
1 x 1.6 TB NVMe SSD
1 x 100G IB, 2 x 10GE
High-Performance Computing (HPC)
BMS enables high-performance computing for various industries such as scientific research, banking, or telecommunications.
- Latest CPUs for high performance
- Network latency in μs and up to 100 Gbit/s InfiniBand network support
- Compatability and free accessible OpenStack APIs
Multi-cluster HPC environment with low latency requirements and high network performance.
Bare Metal Server support Elastic Volume Service (EVS) to meet performance and security requirements.
- Scalable Capacity
- Reliable data storage
- Large in-memory capability
Online transaction processing (OLTP) databases | In-memory databases| Mission-critical database services of governments and financial institutions
BMS offers memory-optimised flavors with up to 4 TB memory to meet Big Data analysis requirements.
- Dedicated local disks for data analysis
- High-Speed-Connectivity between data nodes
- Flexible, scalable and extendable infrastructure
Big Data environment with Hadoop cluster
* Voucher is inwisselbaar tot 31.12.2024. Neem contact met ons op voor het bedrag van de voucher bij de boeking. Het kortingsvolume is alleen geldig voor klanten met een factuuradres in Duitsland en vervalt 2 maanden na het afsluiten van het contract. Het tegoed wordt verrekend met de geldige catalogusprijzen volgens de servicebeschrijving. Een uitbetaling is uitgesloten.